Welcome to the Lions Football Academy, a program which is offered free of charge and gives all registered CCUFC junior players between the ages of 8-16 years old a chance to gain selection in this select academy.
To identify and develop talented CCUFC junior players focusing on four key development areas:
1. Technical Development
2. Tactical Development
3. Physical Development
4. Psychological Development
Junior Girls (8-11)
Senior Girls (12-16)
Players will be selected based on a two-step process:
1. Team coach recommendation
2. Trial day performance: players will be assessed by the following criteria:
– Has athleticism and the ability to improve physical development.
– Has technical ability which will be enhanced with technical training.
– Has self-discipline, good behaviour, aptitude and desire to improve.
– Has a good training and playing attendance record. (Players selected will be expected to attend all sessions).
2020 Trial & Start dates TBA
The Academy will run for 8 weeks on a Monday night from 6pm-7.30pm. Players are expected to arrive in uniform (to be supplied) and on time to each session. The Academy will conclude with a Presentation Night for players and families at the Coffs Hotel.
Each group will have one player chosen as the player of the academy and will receive an age group medal. From these 6 players one will be chosen as the overall academy player of the year and will receive the Mick Miner Medal. Mick Miner was a highly regarded club patron and this award represents a great honour.